Even as I type this post some places in the United States are still experiencing snow. If you are one of the lucky ones who happens to live in a place where Spring has in fact arrived we have created a guide to planting a garden with your toddler. This simple free printable contains a collection of signs for vegetables that are easy to plant and easy to sign. Your baby will learn to sign nine different vegetables while connecting illustrations to real world concepts. The free printable baby sign language kit includes:
- Instructional with toddler-friendly tips that will help you keep baby safe and frame gardening concepts in a way that encourages learning, exploration and development.
- Nine printable cards with real-life images of common garden vegetables and illustrations to help you learn the sign for each vegetable.
- Large format markers to print and fold over a wooden stick and mark each crop.
For those moms that want to print the vegetable deck but skip the rest select pages 4-6.
- If you don’t have a large backyard this project also works with container gardening.
- Laminate your crop markers and flashcards to be able to use them outside while you play with water and dirt.
- Involve older siblings. This can be a fun family project.
- Take advantage of the real-life and illustration images we have provided to teach your toddler to make associations between real images and representative illustrations.
- Share photos of your toddler gardening via our Facebook page or via email at email@example.com
Click on the link below to download your free kit:
Or if you are ready for the full baby sign language experience why not buy your very own kit with excellent resources your baby will enjoy from birth until age 4.