My friend Jamie, an avid crafter and awesome mom sent me a little something to share. She worked on this craft as a gift to her nanny for Mother’s Day. In my opinion it is a wonderful mothers day gift for a grandmother or a great keepsake to commemorate your baby’s first Baby Sign Language word.
- 1 Sheet of light colored printed design paper
- 1 Sheet of bold colored medium yardstick
- 1 Happy BSL baby
- embellishments of choice
- Fold your light colored printed design paper in four with the printed side facing outward.
- Trace your baby’s right hand on your medium yardstick trying to keep the thumb pointing slightly outward.
- Cut your tracing
- Using scissors or your fingers curl and mold the middle and ring finger to form the “I love you” sign.
- Glue the tips of the middle and ring finger to the palm of your traced hand.
- Glue the hand tracing now shaped like the “I love you” sign to the front of your card.
- Decorate with embellishments of choice like stickers, glitter or a picture of your baby.
Note: I used a slightly larger hand to make the pictures clear. Your baby hand will be cuter and far more charming.